Monday, December 13, 2010

article "Living with doubt"

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2010/12/living-with-doubt.html

This is more about the idea that you can make more money by taking a risk than staying in the safe zone, which I guess is true in a lot of cases. The fear of failing is what often draws people back from going for a risk. I think with this, there is always a balance that has to be worked out. For one, what about taking a risk with the lottery or start up company? But then again, if your gut tells you to go for it, should you do it? Do the possibilities of opportunity outweigh the possibility of failure? Now that our first semester has come to a drawing close, these are questions that have begun to form, and I think for designers, our profession in itself is a bit of a risk. And when taking a risk, it's probably better to take it to the end rather than only take it halfway, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment